Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fireworks (Poem)

Fireworks 11/12/05, By XP

I remember in the plaza of late fall
There gathered a big crowd
Some people talked aloud
Some people exchanged smiles
They were all waiting for miracle to kindle
The dusk that had just departed
I held my breath, looked at the first tender
Shy as the first kiss of lovers, quickly hid
Behind the sparse stars long forgotten
Moonlight was shining and said don't sorrow
Your sentimental heart
Lo and behold
There is another flower
That illuminates the trembling mouth sending a soft sigh
The blooming is so elegant
It rises, rises
And pauses to impregnate
Many many small lights for the next splinter moment
They were isolated, awash, thick, light
They were red, green, purple, golden
Ah
Fire suddenly spread throughout both of my eyes
All the starts and ends were awaken
Who are falling from heaven so determinedly?
As if it were only for the innocence at the very beginning
With tears inside I looked up
At millions of ardent lives going by without an answer
If all has been arranged long before, fireworks
I will remember your radiant happiness